Terracotta floor tiles became popular since the early ages as they were convenient and cheaper. Today if you have terracotta floor tiles, you are bound to notice the old age feel that it brings, perfect to go with wooden or stone furniture. Terracotta tiles however tend to get dirty from time to time and cleaning them becomes essential.
Here is a step by step process that when followed will make sure that you terracotta floor gets back its original charm:
- Scrub away all the dirt that you can with a scrubber and mild detergent. Make sure all the superficial dust and dirt is done away with.
- Leave the floor to dry. If possible, vacuum the floor and cover it and leave on for a few days before you follow the next step.
- The next step is to apply an even coat of linseed oil and allow it to dry. Reapply again.
- The last step is to apply a protective coat of stone floor sealer.
- Mop and keep the floor clean as part of regular maintenance.